Friday, August 6, 2010

How can I use Pro Engineer pre-wildfire mouse controls with wildfire 2.0?

I can't stand using the Wildfire mouse controls. Does anyone know if it is possible to use a pre-wildfire mouse scheme (proe 2001) with wildfire 2.0?How can I use Pro Engineer pre-wildfire mouse controls with wildfire 2.0?
Hi Sean,





Like yourself, I also found the new Wildfire mouse controls a pain, they do take a bit of getting used to, but it's well worth sticking with it. It will become second nature in no time.





Another reason is that the pre WF mouse controls will conflict with the new selection methods used in WF


--------------------------------------鈥?br>




I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time with it.





I've looked in the PTC Knowlegebase, TPI-117517 explains the reasons for the changes, but there doesn't seem to be any reference to an option to revert to the Pre WF controls.





Do you work with the spin center turned off?, I find it easier this way as it allows you to rotate the model about the geometry you have selected.





I used to use a standard 3 button logitech pilot mouse and was very happy with it. I was relictant to move to a wheel mouse, but after having to use a laptop with a wheel mouse for about a week, I didn't want to go back to a non-wheel mouse.





You could look at 3D controlers.


http://www.3dconnexion.com/





I was given a free Space Navigator at the PTCWorld Event.


I found it pretty useless as it only had 2 additional buttons so I had to keep moving my hand to the keyboard to press CRTL %26amp; shift. Now its a paperweight. The higher end models may be better as they have more buttons to use but I've not tried one.





If you haven't already, you could try posting your question on the PTCuser froums which are quite active.


http://ptcuser.org





It looks like the new mouse controls are here to stay as they are being carried forward into WF3 %26amp; 4 so you may just have to get used to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment